Our Friends find membership extremely satisfying and personally rewarding, as we continue to support the conservation, educational and recreational work of the Gardens.
As a member of the Friends, you are entitled to:
- Fronds newsletter – 3 issues a year
- Free parking pass: this presently allows untimed parking in the Gardens but, from 1 January 2015, will allow up to 3 hours free parking. Members engaged in Friends' volunteer activities will be issued with a special pass to allow unlimited parking during that time. Other members may apply to the Friends for special day passes when they have a genuine reason to stay for longer than 3 hours. Details of these special passes will be provided in the December issue of Fronds and on this website.
- Advance notice of talks, field trips and social events
- Relax in the Friends Lounge at the Gardens, open daily with free tea/coffee, reference books and lots of interesting reading
- Advance bookings for some events
- Discounts on some events
- ANBG library membership – borrow books, serials, videos, and DVDs; use the computers and interactive CD-ROMs
- Function facilities – special rates for functions at the ANBG
- Botanical Bookshop – 10% discount on purchases over $10
- Discount at the Gardens Café.
You also have the opportunity to join in our many activities.
Join the Growing Friends or our art and photography special-interest groups, assist with research projects, become a Guide, help with events, contribute to Fronds or on the Friends Council... and more.
You’ll find us an informal bunch of like-minded nature lovers!